Friday, July 28, 2006

it's the most wonderful time of the year!

This may be a bit heathenistic, but I’m not really a big fan of Christmas. Instead, my favorite time of the year is Fringe time!

And hey, there is lots of spiritual stuff in here, so it sort of gives me some heaven points.

This year . . . so far (it’s not quite over yet!) I have learned about Jewish kids camps, feminism, old cranky people, bad dialogue, the life of a famous showgirl in the 1950’s, that you can hip-hop to Spanish guitar, bus 24 is highly unreliable, and that there is no such thing as an ugly duck.

Here are my top 3:

1. So Kiss Me Already, Hershel Gertz. Funny. Clever. Poignant. A Jewish kid gets sent to Jewish kids camp and has some problems there. Very good. Check out a clip here.
2. Flamenco Con Fusion 2. Picture this. Some amazing guy on a Spanish Guitar. One (very passionate-less and uncomfortable looking, unfortunately) flamenco dancer, plus one hip-hop sassy teen. Perfection. Watch a clip here.
3. You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown. Its been a dream of mine to see this on stage, so even if its performed by 10 year olds I will for surely check it out. I was impressed with these kids. Lucy was amazing – she’s such a jerk! I love it! It made me ponder today whether I will be able to watch Charlie Brown and other things like it in heaven. I doubt it, but that thought makes me so sad. It is so clever and so innocent and teaches me so many things everytime I watch or read it. Perfection. Clip!

Anyway, that’s it. Oh, and I also watched Lady in the Water yesterday. Its good – I recommend it.

Later,
The Fringe Fanatic

1 comment:

DAve and JAnie said...

You are also a fantastic fringer! So glad that you had a great time. I can't wait till next year when you can take Corrina and I all around and show us the hot spots. WWWWWEEEEEELLLLLL, see you soon i bet!
Janie