Friday, August 08, 2008

so i am sitting here . . . right now . . . in Montreal.

it is incredible here. i am at the General Assembly of the World Student Christian Federation. Reps from over 100 countries are here, hashing out church controversies, praying, worshipping together, dealing with conflict. it is so cool.

today the African delegates lead us in worship. Last night I was at a party with people from so many countries, hanging out together, laughing, singing beer songs, and learning what they call a dog's bark in like 18 different languages.

i don't think i make sense, but that is because i am a little bit tired.

i love ecumenism. i think my place is here, working among the different, diverse streams of Christianity. though it causes problems (SO MANY PROBLEMS) I find it so valuable, so beautiful. I have grown and changed through this work. I am thankful to be here.

i am having an incredible time. it is so encouraging, so cool, to be around such a diverse group of passionate people.

i am happy.

just wanted to say that. thanks for listening.

3 comments:

~L~ said...

I'm very happy that you are happy : )

Jessica said...

sounds like a wonderful experience. glad you're experiencing it! thanks again for the moving help!

Sabrina said...

You might be the coolest person I know. Love that you're having a blast. Want to hear about your super summer soon.