Monday, February 05, 2007

let's talk.

Blog. Poopsie. It's been a great time, and you are a great person. really. REALLY. There's just some things that I think are hindering our relationship, and I want to bring them up.

1. Why did you not tell me that I posted the same quote twice in one month? Nobody can be inspired TWICE by the same quote in such a time span. I need you to be honest with me, as I am honest with you, dear blog. Why did you allow me to make such a fool of myself?

2. dear blog. Blog of all blogs. You never take me out anymore. It's always "let's stay in the office, we can type together. that's my favorite." dear blog. I feel we are in a rut. Can't we spice it up a bit? go dancing maybe? Catch a movie? Surf some social justice type sites? Our relationship is getting a little bit stale.

3. This is hard to bring up, blog. But i found lipstick on my keyboard the other day. Are you cheating on me?





Enough of that sillyness. Onto more important matters. Here is a quote that I am 98% sure I have not yet posted:


"I do not think the forest would be so bright, nor the water so warm,
nor love so sweet, if there were no danger in the lakes." -Hyoi, Out of
the Silent Planet, C.S. Lewis


Danger is a part of life, folks. Pain is a part of life. I think I am speaking to myself. whoops.

3 comments:

Kara said...

oh my dear bre. You make me laugh. you are so creative. I love it. I am so glad we got to hang out yesterday. Let's do it again soon k?

Stephen said...

What's that old phrase? "No pain, no gain?" Or I think there's one from GI Jane (yes I saw the movie. No not really proud of that.) This is a loose quote. "You'll come to love pain, because feeling pain means your not dead yet."

Pain is good, but it's like sugar or salt for that matter. A little is good, a little more is ok, too much and you make yourself sick.

For the blog problem. I suggest closed circuit TV monitoring. If it is cheating on you this will prove it, as you will have it on tape. Or it will destroy the relationship through lack of trust, either way you'll know.

Anonymous said...

i noticed you had posted that quote twice, but i thought it was great, because it is obviously something that is very significant to you (and i enjoyed reading it again!)