Thursday, June 29, 2006

what can i say? i have fallen hard. ernie, this is for you.

"You Owe Me Nothing In Return." By Alanis Morisette. For my hot Mexican. this is us.

I'll give you careless amounts of outright acceptance if you want it.
I will 'll give you encouragement to choose the path you want if you need it.
You can speak of anger and doubts, Your fears and freak-outs and I'll hold it.
You can share your so-called shamefilled accounts of times in your life and I won't judge it.
And there are no strings attached,

You owe me nothing for giving the love that I give.
You owe me nothing for caring the way that I have.
I give you thanks for receiving, it's my privilege,
And you owe me nothing in return.

You can ask for space for yourself and only yourself and I'll grant it.
You can ask for freedom as well or time to revel and you'll have it.
You can ask to live by yourself or love someone else and I'll support it.
You can ask for anything you want Anything at all and I'll understand it.

This is the only kind of love
As I understand it that there really is.

You can express your deepest of truths Even if it means I'll lose you and I'll hear it.
You can fall into the abyss On the way to your bliss And I'll empathize with.
You can say that you'll have to skip town To chase your passion and I'll hear it.
You can leave and hit rock bottom have a mid-life crisis and I'll hold it.

This is the only kind of love
As I understand it that there really is.

2 comments:

DAve and JAnie said...

This is so sentimental and sweet. Cute as a button is bre and her love for ernest.
Go Breanis Morigrowski!

Anonymous said...

awwwwww.....that's a wonderful kind of love....we're glad you've found it in each other!