5th ANNUAL GLOBAL JUSTICE FILM FESTIVAL
Friday, November 2nd, (registration begins at 6:30 pm)
& Saturday, November 3rd, (registration begins at 8:30 am, films begin at 9:00 am)
The University of Winnipeg, 515 Portage Avenue
For program information, ticket information, and other useful details, go on-line to: http://www.globaljusticefilmfestival.ca
For those concerned about Global Justice, it is often difficult to keep up with the many issues facing us today. Documentary films are an excellent resource for keeping informed and sensitive to the reality of people’s lives as they strive for justice.
The Global Justice Film Festival has a line up of 18 films that deal with a range of topics, with a central theme of what is happening to our natural environment. Some of the main films include An Inconvenient Truth, Toxic Trespass and Dead in the Water.
Other films this year include Sierra Leone’s Refugee All Stars, Shameless: the Art of Disability and Finding Dawn (about missing aboriginal women in Canada).
The Festival will open Friday evening with the film, The Ecological Footprint. The evening will include a panel discussion on environmental issues and entertainment with local singers Paul and Susan.
or pick up printed programs at:
Faculty of Theology, U of W
All Assiniboine Credit Union Locations in Winnipeg
UMFM Radio Office, 308 University Centre, U of M
Mondragon Bookstore and Coffe House, 91 Albert St
Festival sponsors on the Global Justice Film Festival Coalition are:
· AVEL (Audio Visual Educational Library) United Church of Canada,
· KAIROS (Canadian Ecumenical Justice Initiatives) Cambrian Agassiz Region,
· Canadian Catholic Organization for Development & Peace,
· Council of Canadians - Winnipeg Chapter,
· Amnesty International, Group 19,
· U of W Faculty of Theology,
· Project Peacemakers,
· Menno Simons College,
· St. Mary's Road United Church Foundation,
· Manitoba Council for International Cooperation (MCIC)
· MATCH International (Winnipeg Chapter).